WHERE THERE IS BALANCE, THERE IS BEAUTY.
Australia's first Skin Tea targeted to a specific skin type. Inspired by Chinese Medicine, this tea blend targets what's happening internally from a Chinese Medicine perspective that causes dry/ inflamed skin. Each medicinal herb is chosen for the purpose of treating these internal issues.
Our skin is not only our protective barrier to the environment, but also a mirror to our internal health. Imbalances in our body often manifest themselves as skin disorders such as dry skin. This tea blend targets these imbalances which may assist in hydrating and cooling the skin that is dry, flaky, inflamed and/or puffy.
Our Skin Teas are hand blended:
• Using 100% certified organic ingredients
• Naturopath Certified
• Free from any artificial colours and flavours
Where there is balance there is beauty, meaning where there is balance in harmony in all aspects in your life, beauty will arise; including your skin. A healthy diet/ healthy decisions will bring out the best in your skin. Our skin teas can help you on this journey.
100% Organic Ingredients: Green Tea, Nettle Leaf, Goji Berries, Hibiscus, Chamomile and Licorice Root.
To manage dry skin, one must first identify the root cause.
In Chinese Medicine symptoms such as oily skin, eczema and acne can be associated with too much "Heat" inside the body. Heat can be caused by poor diet, stress, blood and fluid deficiency etc.
- Green Tea - Green tea can help cool the body down, making it a great addition in your diet. It is a powerful antibacterial agent helping treat pimples and unclogging pores.
- Nettle Leaf - Is a Yin tonic, meaning that it strengthens the Yin aspects of the body. It helps the body cool itself down as well as strengthening all the vital organs, especially the immune system, kidneys, and liver. This powerful herb is rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C (10 times more than an apple), vitamin B complex, vitamin E, amino acids and beta-carotene (five times more than a carrot) just to name only a few.
- Goji Berries - A superior tonic herb said to strengthen the Kidneys, balance the body and have anti-aging properties. Chinese Medicine believes that Kidney essence and strong Kidney’s help delay the ageing process. It also helps to nourish and detox the liver. Goji berries contain polysaccharides, beta-carotene, and zeaxanthin. Polysaccharides are an essential source of dietary fibre. Beta-carotene is vital for eye health, bone health, skin health, and cell development. Zeaxanthin plays a crucial role in supporting the immune system.
- Hibiscus - Is a cooling herb and one of the most powerful anti-ageing plants. It has the ability to inhibit the activity of the enzyme elastase, which is responsible for breaking down our elastin, giving a firmer looking complexion. Hibiscus is often hailed as a natural Botox. Rich in powerful antioxidants this herb helps to prevent damage and disease caused by free radicals.
- Chamomile - Is known for its ability to regulate Qi. It’s cool in nature and has the ability to clear away heat, calm the liver, subdue skin inflammation, and expel toxic substances. Chamomile also aids in boosting the immune system.
- Licorice Root - Has been used for thousands of years as a general body tonic and boasts many health and skincare benefits. It contains over 300 compounds, some of which demonstrate potent anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral effects.
Take time out to unwind, relax and stay hydrated. Your skin will thank you.
1-2 Teaspoons per cup. Boil water to 80ºC/176ºF. Brew tea for 1-3 mins. For optimal results drink 1 cup everyday AM/PM. CONTAINS LIQUORICE- If you suffer from hypertension, avoid excessive consumption.
If you are pregnant, lactating or taking medication consult a health professional prior to use.