WHERE THERE IS BALANCE, THERE IS BEAUTY.
Australia's first Skin Tea targeted to a specific skin type. Inspired by Chinese Medicine, this tea blend targets what's happening internally from a Chinese Medicine perspective that causes dry/ inflamed skin. Each medicinal herb is chosen for the purpose of treating these internal issues.
Our skin is not only our protective barrier to the environment, but also a mirror to our internal health. Imbalances in our body often manifest themselves as skin disorders such as dry skin. This tea blend targets these imbalances which may assist in hydrating and cooling the skin that is dry, flaky, inflamed and/or puffy.
Our Skin Teas are hand blended:
• Using 100% certified organic ingredients
• Naturopath Certified
• Free from any artificial colours and flavours
Where there is balance there is beauty, meaning where there is balance in harmony in all aspects in your life, beauty will arise; including your skin. A healthy diet/ healthy decisions will bring out the best in your skin. Our skin teas can help you on this journey.
100% Organic Ingredients: Green Tea, Nettle Leaf, Goji Berries, Hibiscus, Chamomile and Licorice Root.
To manage dry skin, one must first identify the root cause.
In Chinese Medicine symptoms such as oily skin, eczema and acne can be associated with too much "Heat" inside the body.
Dry skin is often associated with an imbalance in the body's yin and yang energies. In Chinese medicine, yin represents the cooling, moisturizing, and nourishing aspects, while yang represents the warming and energizing elements. When there is an excess of yang energy or "heat" in the body, it can manifest as dryness and dehydration in the skin.
Consuming herbs that have cooling properties can help rebalance the body by reducing excessive heat and nourishing the yin energy. Let's explore how some of these cooling herbs can aid in relieving dry skin:
- Green Tea - Is rich in antioxidants and has a cooling nature. It helps to detoxify the body and reduce inflammation, which can contribute to dry skin.
- Nettle Leaf - Is known for its high mineral content and its ability to support healthy circulation. It has a cooling effect on the body and can help alleviate dryness by promoting hydration.
- Goji Berries - Are considered a Yin tonic in Chinese medicine. They are known to nourish the body and promote the production of bodily fluids, including moisturizing the skin.
- Hibiscus - Have a cooling and moisturising effect on the body. They are rich in antioxidants and can help improve skin elasticity and hydration. Hibiscus is often hailed as a natural Botox. Rich in powerful antioxidants this herb helps to prevent damage and disease caused by free radicals. Hibiscus is often hailed as a natural Botox. Rich in powerful antioxidants this herb helps to prevent damage and disease caused by free radicals.
- Chamomile - Has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help calm irritated skin and promote a healthy moisture balance.
- Licorice Root - Is used in traditional Chinese medicine to tonify the yin energy and cool excessive heat. It can help address dryness by restoring moisture and promoting skin healing.
Take time out to unwind, relax and stay hydrated. Your skin will thank you.
1-2 Teaspoons per cup. Boil water to 80ºC/176ºF. Brew tea for 1-3 mins. For optimal results drink 1 cup everyday AM/PM. CONTAINS LIQUORICE- If you suffer from hypertension, avoid excessive consumption.
If you are pregnant, lactating or taking medication consult a health professional prior to use.